D10: 10mm Thin Double Glazing
At just 10mm from inner pane to outer pane, Histoglass D10 is our thinnest option: the ultimate in Thin Double Glazing for period buildings.
Despite its exquisitely thin profile, D10 offers superior thermal and acoustic insulation. It complies entirely with BS EN 1279, and carries a 7-year manufacturer’s warranty. Read more about the benefits of Histoglass Thin Double Glazing.
Histoglass D10 is ideal for use in the most architecturally sensitive areas, where the most stringent planning rules apply. It is suitable for a wide range of periods, from the 1960s all the way back to listed buildings from the Victorian, Georgian and even earlier periods.
Histoglass D10 Thin Double Glazing offers a decrease in energy loss of around 67% compared to single glazing:
|Cavity/spacer bar||4mm (gas-filled)|
Review our technical documents relating to Thin Double Glazing. Please note that having your glass toughened will slightly increase thickness.
Maximum pane sizes
Except that the maximum size for any pane made from cylinder glass is 800x800mm.
- The inner (interior) pane is always float glass with a low-emissivity coating.
- The outer (exterior) pane can be chosen from float glass or any of our historic glass types
- Both inner and outer panes can be specified as toughened and laminated glass, depending on the glass type.
- Toughened glass is always 4mm thick, so it will affect your unit’s dimensions.
- In existing frames, the rebate should be at least 17mm wide and 10mm deep
- For new frames, the optimal depth of the rebate is 18.5 mm and the overall width of the glazing bar should be 24mm
- See D10’s optimal dimensions
- For clearance, we recommend 1.5mm on all 4 sides (so 3mm in both the width and height)
- Create an additional seal by allowing the paint to overlap onto the glass by 1-2mm.
Specification & installation
- We recommend using putty to obtain the look of single-glazed units. We supply a specially developed, non-linseed-based sealant and putty to guarantee the highest possible quality.
- The aluminium profile comes in white or black as standard. Other RAL colours can be supplied on request for an additional charge.
D10 still not suitable?
Most period windows can take Histoglass Thin Double Glazing. However, if yours won’t, our MONO system provides replacement single glazing with significant advantages over the original glass. It’s available in a range of genuine period glass types, and still offers a considerable reductions in noise and energy loss.