The benefits of Thin Double Glazing
There’s no better solution for fitting double-glazing to a historic property, including Grade-I listed buildings. Planning departments in some of the UK’s most historically sensitive areas insist on our products.
Quite simply, Histoglass Thin Double Glazing is streets ahead of anything else available in the UK, and our products are unique in complying with all 6 parts of BS EN 1279.
- Designed to be fitted into existing timber and metal frames without spoiling the fine detail of the glazing bars
- Available in a wide range of thicknesses from 10mm
- Available in a wide range of authentic glass types to suit the period
- Aluminium spacer bars are supplied in black or white as standard, but can be matched to any RAL colour
- Avoids conventional warm-edge technology (totally unsuitable for thin double glazing in historic windows).
Installed across Europe for over 35 years with an unrivalled record of longevity, our systems are made with the aim to deliver the same performance as the day they are installed.
- The only products of their kind to fully comply with all parts of BS EN 1279
- Superb German precision engineering
- Delivering U values of 1.9 to 1.5 on our most popular range of option. However, for bespoke options for larger projects with even greater insulation values, please contact us.
- The only product offering sound insulation up to 34dB.
- Recognised, trusted or even insisted upon by many planning authorities
- Already installed in Grade I and Grade II listed buildings
- Authentic historic glass types can also help to accelerate planning approval.
- Protected by a 7-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Ready to install: no need for builders to spend hours removing tape and excess bitumen
- Environmentally friendly manufacture, transport and packaging.