D11: 11mm Thin Double Glazing
Want the benefits of double glazing for a period property, but constrained by aesthetics and planning requirements? Histoglass D11 Thin Double Glazing, at just 11mm wide, is our most popular solution.
D11 delivers all the advantages of double glazing for historic properties – even Grade-I and Grade-II listed buildings. It conforms to all parts of BS EN 1279, and comes with a 7-year manufacturer’s warranty. Read more about the benefits of Histoglass Thin Double Glazing.
Replacing the original single glazing with Histoglass D11 will achieve a reduction in energy loss of approximately 67%:
|Inner pane:||3 or 4 mm|
|Cavity/spacer bar||4mm (gas-filled)|
|Outer pane||3 or 4 mm|
|Noise reduction||34dB (with test certificate)|
Review our technical documents relating to Thin Double Glazing. Please note that having your glass toughened will slightly increase thickness.
- The inner (interior) pane is always float glass with a low-emissivity coating
- The outer (exterior) pane can be chosen from float glass or any of our historic glass types
- Both inner and outer panes can be specified as toughened and laminated glass, depending on the glass type.
- Toughened glass is always 4mm thick, which may affect your unit’s dimensions.
Maximum pane sizes
Square 900x900mm (approx)
Rectangular 700x1100mm (approx)
Except that the maximum size for any pane made from cylinder glass is 800x800mm.
- For new frames, the optimal depth of the rebate is 19.5 mm and the overall width of the glazing bar should be 24mm
- See D11’s optimal dimensions.
- For clearance, we recommend 1.5mm on all 4 sides (so 3mm in both the width and height)
- Create an additional seal by allowing the paint to overlap onto the glass by 1-2mm.
Specification & installation
- We recommend using putty to obtain the look of single-glazed units. We supply a specially developed, non-linseed-based sealant and putty to guarantee the highest possible quality.
- The aluminium profile comes in white or black as standard. Other RAL colours can be supplied on request for an additional charge.
D10 still not suitable?
If your window can’t take Histoglass Thin Double Glazing, our MONO single-glazing system offers major advantages compared to the original single pane. MONO comes in a range of authentically made period glass types, delivering real thermal and acoustic insulation benefits.